Thursday 3 July 2014

The proverbial wall has been broken... huzzah!! Take THAT laziness.

So, due to a combination of having a social life and being a little bit sick, I have not been able to go to the gym for almost a week. Last night was the first time that I could go, and to say that I had lost the drive to go would be an understatement. Also, the amount of sick/social life activities meant that my body was highly underfed and overtired, so much so, that on the train to the gym yesterday I closed my eyes for just a moment and woke up a whole four stops later... three times. It's a miracle that I didn't miss my stop. I really didn't want to gym it last night, I was ready for a nap of the most epic proportions and this seemed like pretty much the opposite of that.

However, today we are now only 3 weeks away from Older-Brother-Glyn's wedding. To say that I'm beginning to feel the panic of my impossible task of weight loss, is putting it mildly. I'm beginning to think that spanks is the way forward for that final push and so have begun to look into the purchasing of this. All that being said, I pushed through my spontaneous sleeping and went to the gym anyway. Boy, am I glad I did.

Ladies and gents, that moment that exercise people talk about? The bit where they push through the wall and start to feel really good after a gym session instead of just feeling knackered and hating their body? I experienced that last night. Don't get me wrong, the first ten minutes I spent on that cross trainer, I seriously thought that I was going to collapse into a state of unconsciousness, but the final 30 minutes (just as Big Bang Theory began) something glorious happened: My body, for once in its life, decided that it would respond well when I tried to do something good for it and perked up more and more as the exercise continued. I do believe I hit my 'break through the wall' moment.

Yes, I was only meant to be on the cross trainer for 20 minutes, but suddenly I was filled with all this energy and instead of feeling I should do more, I wanted to do more. So I did 40 minutes in total, followed by 30 minutes on the treadmill and then some serious stomach crunches. If I hadn't been running on excess energy, I could have done more, but I chose the side of 'Don't push it and probably get some sleep', gave myself a quick weigh, did a little dance as I hadn't gained any weight over my week hiatus but actually still managed to lose 1lbs and headed home feeling better than I have felt in a while.

Thanks to pushing myself to do it, I am now back in the headspace of wanting to go to the gym every evening again. I'm looking forward to my session tonight and have somehow managed to find some form of new adrenaline. I do believe I'm beginning to enjoy this exercise milarkey... now, if I can just work out how to stop watching Kyle XY until early hours of the morning so that I can actually get some real sleep then I'll be laughing... dammit Netflix you've thwarted me again with your "Looking at your recent watches, we think you'd enjoy..." recommendations. I swear I'd be the most well rested individual on this planet if Netflix had never been invented... sure I'd be as bored as hell, but well rested all the same.

Peace out my lovelies

No comments:

Post a Comment