Tuesday 3 January 2012

A post about Ed Sheeran

I bought Ed Sheeran's album today. For those of you who follow me on Twitter, you will be aware of this.

You see earlier, Ed Sheeran's album made me cry... twice. I don't think I have ever cried to a song in my life. And that includes my joint 15th birthday party where I sang "Tell me what makes a man" from Westlife about my ex boyfriend, except I changed the words so that it would be "Tell me what makes a woman want to love you like I do..." and so on and so forth. I was pretty close to crying that night though because I was in love with that boy in a way that 15 year olds can only be which is with all of my heart and my life will never be the same if he doesn't realise and love me too, how do I survive this pain???? HOW?????

You know... the usual.

Anywho, today I was simply sitting at my workplace doing my work as per usual whilst listening to Ed Sheeran. I had only just downloaded it so I was fairly excited. However, I was rather alarmed when I found myself crying during the second song that was on. I was all "What the hell? Why is this happening?" And then I was suddenly in awe of Ed Sheeran because he obviously has magical powers which can extract tears from my stone cold eyes with the power of his words.

There is also an added factor to today that may have helped Ed in his emotion extracting from me... there were woman related hormones involved as well... I might do as heinakroon suggested and just wait a week then try again.

All that being said, I have listened to the album a good few times now and one thing that I can agree on is that Ed Sheeran knows how to write a good song. His lyrics are awesome. As I was coming to this conclusion I was beginning to imagine a world where someone would write a song like that for me. I know it was a little far fetched to imagine that this would be something that would actually happen but I figured 'never know until you try' and I have now asked Ed Sheeran (over twitter) to write me a song because, personally, I can't see a reason why this wouldn't be an awesome idea for both of us.

He hasn't responded as of yet but I'm hopeful. Also, he doesn't know me so how is he going to know what to write? Due to this I will send him a link of this post and end today with a letter for Ed.

Dear Ed Sheeran,

If you're reading this (which is completely possible because although you have 1.1 million followers and, judging by your tweets, are mega busy, I like to believe you're the kind of singer who goes through each and every tweet individually and enjoys the company) then I would like to say Hi. Thanks for showing interest in my question. I appreciate that, in order to get started, you're going to have to find out a few things about me so as to fill out the song so here are some points.

1. I have green eyes and red hair. The red is fake but the eyes are real. Also, I have a room mate who's red hair is really red and very real... I didn't dye my hair to match hers. I just wanted to clarify that because that's what people assume and really it has nothing to do with the fact that her hair is red, it's purely because I like red hair in general. If I'm perfectly honest, that's what drew me to you... that and 'The A Team.' Well done for that song. Good writing.

2. I write a lot. It's not my profession as of yet but as you can see it's obviously something I take seriously because I make sure that it is wasting all of my free time when I could be being productive.

3. I like the colour purple.

4. I'm not very fit... exercise wise. I had to run for a bus today and I very well thought my lungs were going to explode. I worried I might be dying... you'll be pleased to know that I caught the bus I was running for... you know, in case you want a happy story for one of the verses.

5. I have long finger nails... not freakishly long but I was just never one of those people who used to bite her nails... it just never occured to me to start that habit.

6. I'm 5 foot 1... I think, I stopped checking when I turned 12 and realised there was no point anymore.

Okay well that's as much as I can think about right now. I look forward to hearing the final result if you agree with me that this is in no way a complete waste of your time but in fact something that will benefit you immensely in your career.

Let me know what you think.

Love

Lisa

Peace out my lovelies

No comments:

Post a Comment